tisdag 10 mars 2009

First steps towards Nepal


Mas Franch took us in two weeks ago. This beautiful socially aware collective in Catalonia, Spain. Mas Franch was also the place for the PBI (Peace Brigade International)training that led to me being one of 14 internationals being accepted to go to Nepal and work with human rights later on this year.

Right now I am a little confused, but funnily enough very focused at the same time. You know that feeling when you kind of know you are not really ready for a task yet, but somehow you know that hour brain will kick into gear when needed. That is how it feels.

September 8 is the magic date when I will land in Kathmandu and start my language training, then I will be placed and start work in november and beleive me - I will need the time to get ajusted. This is do not say lightly, anyone who has been peeking into the homepage of PBI realizes that this will be 'my year of no sleep' but working to stop the abuse, crimes against human rights in the region will surely make up for it. Not being a dreamer I have very few illusions that we make more than a dent in reality as they know it in Nepal but one has to try. I probably do more good there than watching Angelina och Clive in awe slugging it out in Beyond borders.

You are welcome to come along for the ride, to experience life of field work. Your comment and questions are even welcome, but think before your post - I will read them all :)

Inga kommentarer: